Top tips for getting a good night sleep
When spending a third of your life sleeping, it’s important to get it right. Good quality sleep is the foundation to good health. People often neglect their need to sleep and view it as an inconvenient necessity, when in fact a good night sleep can lead to extra productivity and keeping yourself youthful for longer.
Here at Zommos HQ, we care about your sleep quality so we’ve put together some top tips to get a great night sleep.
- Go to sleep and wake up at the same time. It’s a well-known fact that the average adult needs 7-8 hours sleep each night. Your body works on its own time system regulated by its own schedule. By going to bed and waking up at the same time each day (yes, even on weekends) you can help to get your body clock back on track which will not only help you fall asleep easier each night, but wake up naturally, feeling refreshed each morning.
- Try your hand at meditation in the evening. With the day to day stresses of everyday life, sometimes going to bed without fully relaxing can set your mind working on overtime. It is common for people to struggle to ‘switch off’ which makes falling to sleep harder, and the quality of sleep lower.
- Avoid those pesky naps! Sure enough, napping in the daytime seems like a great idea at the time but these short naps inhibit the body’s need to sleep in the evening. If you’re feeling like a nap in the day, find something to occupy your mind. Some simple exercise can help your body feel wide awake, and the ongoing effects of exercise in the hours after can boost your metabolism and energy levels.
- Exercise regularly. As we just mentioned, exercise is a great way of keeping you awake through the day, but it’s also a great way of making your body use up some of that energy and feel more need to sleep in the evening. HIIT Training is a good way of keeping your energy levels up and the effect last for hours after.
- Get the right mattress for you. If you’ve been sleeping on the same mattress for years it might be time to start looking for a new one. The average, good quality mattress should be changed every 8-10 years. Lower quality mattresses should be changed sooner, and as soon as your can start feeling springs in your back it’s time to change. Choosing the right mattress for you can be difficult. The Zommos mattress is perfect for taking the difficulty out of finding the right mattress, it simply is the right mattress. At the touch of a button, you can find the right firmness level for your side of the bed. No more choosing the right mattress, simply choose how you want it to feel with no effort needed.